
May 1st
Today was a good day! It is Beltaine for one... we went to see Snowhite and the Seven Dwarves by the Tallahassee Ballet. Mika was mesmerized and couldn't stop commenting on what was going after she got used to the setting.
Jack was one of maybe ten boys in the theater that seats close to 400 but my philosophy is "A bit of culture won't kill him"; and to his credit he did sit through it without complaining.
Afterwards, David took us to a place he swore I would absolutely love and he was right. It is on Railroad Avenue in Tallahassee, it is an art park but also a place where the city gave space to FSU Art Department Students/ graduates to open shops.
It has such a lovely communal feel, we scrounged through a vintage store and I found a couple of really cool broaches. It is a also a place where the original Cosmic Cat is and since today was a National Free Comic Day we grabbed some free comics too. There's also a rock gym, a co-op, a bike shop and those are just the ones we had time to visit. We will definitely be back. The peace art is from there.

Later this evening we also found out that Macak, our cat that wondered off about a year ago is back.
The second lovely surprise came when David entered the shed only to have a bird fly out and just barely miss his forehead.
On the shelf where I keep all of my gardening stuff and empty planters a mama bird decided to make a nest in one of the empty planters, as you can see she is keeping busy. I'm not sure how she managed to survive the cats so far and I worry how to protect the little birdies from them....
You did have a good day! You will have to keep us updated on the baby birds.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid they might not hatch. During the weekend we are in and out of the shed all the time, and every time I came in she wasn't sitting on the eggs :(
ReplyDelete