Tuesday, January 26, 2010

25/365


...another Tallahassee image...
The David S. Walker Library on Park Avenue in the historic district of Tallahassee , named for the governor D.S. Walker. In 1976 it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
I just love the colors: brick red, dirty white and this amazing deep blue green. Love it!


This plaque is on the sidewalk in front of the building. Not sure of its significance except that the President Jackson was chosen to represent "Springtime Tallahassee" because of his service to Florida as the first provisional governor. The figure of Jackson is very controversial though...


I really have to start taking some wider shots, I seem to always come back to this "close up" format.

2 comments:

  1. I like the close up! I featured this library on my blog last year and I remember having a hard time getting a good angle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I noticed though that I always seem to fall back on this type of angle, need to spice it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails