Saturday, March 27, 2010

77/365


Today was Springtime Tallahassee's big event, all of downtown was turned int a pedestrian zone for the parade, concerts, kids activities and the artist avenue in Bloxham Park on Park Avenue.

The artists are regulars every Saturday as part of Market Days, and one of the regulars are the gals from Campfire Creations (also known as my mother-in-law & sister-in-law :)

They make glass bead jewelry with all the beads being done by hand using a torch and burned in a kiln afterwards. My favorite part of their work are the pendants that they call "Serendipitous Art" because you don't know what kind of shapes the glass will create until you pull it out of the kiln.

In the picture you see Dana (sister-in-law) doing a demonstration with the torch on how they create the beads. The crowd was unbelievable, I couldn't really get good shots because of the amount of people; the picture in the right corner of Sherrie (mother-in-law) was the best one I got under the circumstances.

You can read more at campfirecreations.org

1 comment:

  1. This looks so interesting! I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails